The political agenda and focus for the FSPA/BGIA in 2017 will be
dominated by Brexit, as the Government prepares to trigger Article 50, by end
of March 2017.
We have been consulting with members and are starting to
formulate position papers for the Sports and Play Industry to be shared with
Areas of concern
that have been highlighted to us are:
- Market Access Concessions
- Loss of Trade Preferences through the EU’s GSP
- Shipment Requirements
- Customs Procedures / Customs Codes
- Standards for Footwear and Apparel
- Accessing skills and labour
- Status of British / EU Citizens
- Intellectual Property Rights
The FSPA will be holding a Brexit Meeting in Finsbury Park, London
for FSPA/BGIA Members on Monday 27th March 2017. Invitations will be sent shortly. The first speaker confirmed is Aaron Dunn, Policy Lead
for Brexit, HMRC.
If there is a specific topic or speaker you would like to hear OR if you or one of your colleagues would like to be involved in the Position Papers going forward, please contact Ciara Morgan
We want to make the meeting as informative as possible and get members
views to feed back into the UK Government.