Before making an Application for funding we would suggest that you download a copy of the Grow Golf Guidelines and read them thoroughly.
Types of Projects which could be supported
- Innovative solutions to increase participation and allow greater access to golf e.g. 1 hour / 6 hole courses
- Recruitment (and retention) of 18 to 30 year olds. The number of people playing the game between the ages of 18 and 30 is low compared to related figures for the under 18’s and over 30’s (especially among women). Initiatives are required to recruit and retain this age group.
- Programmes to introduce all age groups to the game – i.e. through schools, youth clubs, starter centres etc.
- Assisting clubs to put in place the necessary initiatives to encourage family participation in golf.
- Support for volunteers who play a key role in the delivery of golf – particularly to youngsters.
- The only proviso being that any projects or initiatives should be consistent with the purpose of growing participation in golf in the UK.